8.16.2011

:: no place like home


I don't know about you, but for this ol' bird there is no place like home.

I had a wonderful time on Oak Island with my family this past week.

I felt the sand between my toes, the salt on my skin & in my hair,

did I mention the sand between my toes....the sand in my bed,

the sand on the floors....the sand....the sand...the sand.

I don't think I make a very good surfer girl.



Now, my hubs and my kids....that's a different story.

Every year my kids are ready to pack up and move to the coast full time,

and for a little while I actually entertain the idea.

I think of waking up each morning to the lulling sound of waves crashing on the seashore,

beautiful sunrises, and long walks on the beach...then I remember the sand, and the salt air...

and for heavens sake my HAIR {ha, just kidding, that's what hats are for right.?!}.


I tease, I tease....I really do love the beach.


I love watching my kids frolicking in the waves...


I very much enjoy watching my handsome hubby emerge from the surf.

I love perching under my umbrella with a good book in hand 

soaking up the sun, fun and good times.



So thank you Lord for giving my family such a perfect week at the shore,

and for every glorious piece of sand between my toes & everywhere else.


Until next year....

It's good to be HOME.


* peace, love & hugs *
Carrie
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie,
    This looks wonderful, you have really captured the mood in your wonderful happy photos.
    Hope you enjoy the rest of your week.
    Di
    :-)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fabulous time at the beach!
    Gorgeous, happy post!!
    :)

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that our vacation to the Outer Banks was a vacation like no other and I can't wait to go back. Would you believe that was my first trip to a beach EVAH?

    Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful time! Nothing like a little sand between the toes.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you had a nice relaxing visit. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fairly new reader of your blog - have enjoyed it since I discovered you a few weeks back. Loved seeing the photos of your time at the beach. We are are the beach in Oregon this weekend - entertaining thoughts of the benefits of living here - but we'll go home today and dream of returning again soon.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...